Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Wine and Running

Today, Sue (Mickey’s mom) and I went for a run. Mickey’s parents came down to visit us. They traveled in their motorhome and are staying right down the street from us. I am happy to have my running/wine buddy back. Sue and I always have fun on our runs, and she is teaching me about different kinds of wine. She makes wine as a hobby, and she actually made wine for our wedding! The wine bottles were our guests’ placecards and added such a personal touch to our wedding day. I will post more pictures of our wedding once we get the CD from our photographer!
(This picture shows more than the wine bottles I discussed above, however, it is the only picture I have of them! Top left picture is of our toasting flutes that were painted by my friend's mom, Terry. Bottom left is our dinner menu. Middle is our signature drink. Right is my friend, Joanna, holding our signature drink at the cocktail hour!)

Okay..back to where I started this whole post...RUNNING.


Sue also got me into running my freshman year of college. She helped me train for my first half marathon, which was the Nittany Valley Half (http://www.nvrun.com/index.php/racing/club-sponsored/nittany-valley-half-marathon) I was so proud of myself when I finished the race that I decided to run more. To date I have run three half marathons, and am planning on running a full marathon as soon as I can! Sue and I also ran the Miami Muddy Buddy last year. It was such a fun race! If you have never heard of the Muddy Buddy, check it out here: http://muddy-buddy.competitor.com/. Everyone should run this race at least once…it was the most fun exercise I have ever had!

                     (Me and Sue—post race, Muddy Buddy 2010)

Annnnnd, on that note, I’m heading to bed. Goodnight everybody. Don’t forget to give thanks to God for the day. Sleep tight!

No comments:

Post a Comment