Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Delish Apple Pie :)

Yummm!!! Karah (my awesome sister-in-law whom I love dearly) was here visiting us last week. We cooked up a storm! More posts to come about some of our yummy dinners, but life's too short, so I'll post about dessert first ;)

I found this idea on Pinterst <3 and we decided to test in out. It was super super easy and fun, not to mention, DELISH!

Pie crust with softened butter and cinnamon on top
Crust rolled up and cut into approx. 1/2 inch pieces
Cinnamon rolls pressed into the bottom of my pie pan. Didn't turn out quite as pretty as the one on Pinterest, but it sure tasted good :) I put the rest of the cinnamon rolls on the sides to finish the crust.
Pie all ready to go in the oven. Cut up apples and topped with approx. 1/2 cup flour, 1/4 cup brown sugar, and 1/4 cup sugar, mixed with 1 stick of butter and crumbled on top. Apple Crisp was the same recipe but with 1 cup of oatmeal mixed in. They both were YUMMY with nonfat vanilla yogurt (had to be skinny somewhere ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment