Thursday, December 22, 2011

love Christmas time!!

I cannot begin to express how EXCITED I am for Christmas day! Family at home may be wondering why I am excited since I won't be home with them this Christmas (I am very sad about that, and it is not the reason I am excited :P) The reason I AM excited because I am entertaining on Christmas day, and it will be the first true "entertaining" I have ever done!!! Mickey and I have invited our friends Amber and Kerry over for Christmas dinner and I am so excited to get to cook for everyone and try new recipes! I have been on Pinterest finding yummy recipes and ideas...OH THE POSSIBILITIES! 


I have decided to make a candy cane cheesecake by combining two really yummy looking recipes I found. I bought my first springform pan today! I can't believe I am even excited about that, but I am...who am I turning into!!? 


I also ordered my "hamloaf" meat mixture from our local butcher. Hamloaf is a Pennsylvania Dutch dish so the butcher here in Minnesota had never heard of it, but I told him what it was and he is making it for me...I pick it up tomorrow :)


I have a lot of other ideas as to what I am going to make, but once my menu is finalized I will post it here with recipes :) 


Until then...happy baking, eating, shopping, and whatever else you will be enjoying over the next few days <3



No comments:

Post a Comment