Friday, October 21, 2011

This little piggy went to market...aka the podiatrist

Good Morning! It is B-E-A-UTIFUL here! The temperature is a brisk 59 degrees and the sun is shining bright. I love days like these, it feels like FALL!

On gorgeous days such as this I love to exercise outside...maybe go for a run or a nice walk. But today, I am confined to the couch.

You see, when someone is blessed with a big toe like mine (ugly and huge with the smallest toenail EVER) he/she is prone to a painful little thing called an ingrown toenail. Now this may sound relatively minor, but let me tell you, they are PAINFUL little jerks! And I had one until this morning.

I knew when my toe blew up even bigger than its normal size, which is already weirdly and embarrassingly huge, I should probably visit a podiatrist. So this morning, Jagger and I headed over to see the doctor (Jagger stayed in the car, but was there for support none the less). He told me that I had an ingrown toenail and that he had to cut it out.

I told him to go ahead and perform the little surgery, so he started to numb my toe. That is when I had a quick spell of nausea followed by the feeling of either fainting or having to run to the bathroom. Luckily, he left the room for a minute to grab something and I was able to regain my composure (and not spew all over his office thank God).

Once he came back in the room he told me to close my eyes, did his thing, and bandaged me up. I didn’t feel a thing so that was good. I left the office and drove myself to Starbucks to get a treat for being so brave and such a good patient (like my mom did when I was little and had to get shots).

And now I’m home, sitting on the couch, writing this blog. Exciting, right!? I’m definitely going to milk this injury at least for a day…after all, the doctor told me take it easy after such a major toe operation ;) I am telling Mickey that the doctor told me to tell him that I need foot massages and probably can’t stand up long enough to cook dinner. We will see if he believes me J haha

1 comment: