Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Seville Quarter Wine Festival

A few days ago, Sue and I went to the Wine Festival in the historic Seville Quarter located in downtown Pensacola. Seville Quarter is similar to what you would find on Bourbon Street in New Orleans...it has a French flare with adorable brick walkways, courtyards, and fountains. Seville Quarter has seven rooms, each with their own theme. There is also a party plaza, an outdoor concert venue, and a banquet facility. The only way I can think to describe the ambiance in Seville Quarter is "quaint." 
(The Champagne Bar in the courtyard)
There were over 200 handpicked wines from around the world being poured by 10 local distributors. There was also a cigar sampling, oyster bar, handcrafted microbrew beers, live entertainment, and cooking demos and tastings from Harris Ranch Natural Beef, Italian Specialties by Enzo, Tribeca Bread, and Artisan Cheeses.
(Just one of the delicious food tables)
I tried many different types of white and red wines from all over the world and I learned a TON about different wines and the regions that they are from. I enjoy wine because I feel that it is much more than an alcoholic beverage. Wine and wine making is an art, a science, a culture, and an experience. 

Some of my favorite wines were:
Jam Jar Moscato 2011
Trimbach Reserve 2007 Pinot Gris
Dr. Fischer 2009 Riesling

I am not a very "sophisticated" drinker. My mom always teases me and says she can tell I just graduated from college. I love boxed white zinfandel and anything made by Arbor Mist... but I will say that I am starting to like better wines! I can drink Chardonnay without making a face like I used to, and I actually ENJOY the taste of it! I never thought that day would arrive, but it has. I am not a big drinker, but I have enjoyed learning about wine, trying it, and drinking a nice glass of it every once in a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment