Sunday, November 27, 2011

Happy Belated Thanksgiving (and Thanksgiving cupcakes)!

Happy Belated Thanksgiving, Everyone!
Unfortunately, I am posting this blog later than I had hoped to! I have been so busy these past few days and haven't gotten to my blog. Oh well, better late than never, right!?

I absolutely love Thanksgiving. I think it is such a great time of the year. It is a time to reflect on all of the blessings we have and also a chance to pig out (which I love to do and am always looking for reasons to stuff my face i.e. Thanksgiving)

Unfortunately Mickey and I couldn't make it to PA this year for Thanksgiving (where we are both from and where our families are). Luckily, however, Mickey's parents were in town so we at least got to celebrate Thanksgiving with some of our family!

I decided to make some Thanksgiving Turkey Cupcakes for fun. They turned out really cute and were super easy!



As you can see in the picture, I just placed a cookie in the center of the cupcake and used the blue icing to make an eye. Then I cut the white tip of the candy corn off to make a beak and placed it next to the cupcake. The red icing fills the gap between the beak and the cookie and makes a gobbler, and the candy corn are the feathers!

Hope everyone had a blessed holiday. We sure did, God has been so good to us! Have an amazing week!


No comments:

Post a Comment