Thursday, April 12, 2012

Edward Scissor Hands.

Well, it has been quite a busy time in our lives! We have been moving, hanging, organizing, cleaning, rearranging (you get the picture) our house! It has been extremely overwhelming but fun at the same time. Mickey and I (actually, mostly Mickey) have been trying to do most things ourselves, which has lead to some funny moments and some frustrating moments.


For example, we bought our dressers and nightstands from IKEA. What we did not know is that we had to assemble them ourselves with their "picture directions." Why they do not provide WORDS I do not know, and the pictures are not the greatest at explaining things...ANYWAY, most of you probably know that IKEA has an "assemble yourself" policy, but this was our first time shopping there so we were not quite sure what we were getting ourselves into. We put our dresser together in a rather fast time of an hour and a half (it normally takes us 10 years to do something so this was quite an accomplishment). However, when it came time to put the drawers in, we realized we assembled the dresser BACKWARDS! UGHHH! I was so frustrated I wanted to cry. Needless to say we have one more dresser and two night stands that need to be put together, but we skipped them today and decided to hang pictures instead (which look great I might add ;)


We have been learning on the job, which has been rewarding and fun for the most part. The not so fun part is what happened to my fingers along the way. For some reason, I cannot keep them out of the way!! My neighbors called me Edward Scissor Hands, which I thought was funny. Hence, the name of this post...
Anyway, now that I am practically a carpenter, you can call me for any help you may need. Until then, I'll be nursing my fingers back to health :)



No comments:

Post a Comment