Sunday, April 29, 2012

me being "artsy"

Before Mickey and I drove out to Minnesota I had a Tickled Pink party at my mom's friend's house. When I walked in the front door, there was a large piece of art hanging in her foyer. It said, "be still and know that I AM." This verse is from Psalm 46:10, which reads, "Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth." 


I love this whole verse, but I found the shortened version on that poster to be so intriguing and COOL! So, instead of buying a big sign for a lot of money, I decided to make my own using a $3 black canvas from Michael's and some pastel crayons. Here is the finished project, which was then covered with Krylon's Clear Gloss so it wouldn't smear. I think it is super cute and is hanging in my mud room so people see it when coming through the garage.











No comments:

Post a Comment